Click here to download a recent article in the Mallorca Daily Bulletin asking for help.
MDB 16 SEP 2018
The Anglican Chaplaincy for Mallorca is purely self-financing which is quite different to the Church of England in the UK. This means that funding for any of the work which the Chaplaincy does in supporting community life, offering pastoral care and worship on our Island we must raise the funds ourselves. What kinds of things do we have to finance?
What do we do with our income?
• We maintain regular worship through Sunday and weekly services There is a regular prayer life and ongoing teaching and learning opportunities, including a Sunday Club for young people at Palma.
• We offer help and support for; Funerals and Memorials, Wedding Blessings, Renewal of Vows and Baptisms
• We hold regular community social events; Christmas Bazaar, Quiz Nights, Weekly coffee mornings, Parties and shared meals
• We celebrate important community annual events through; Christmas Carol services, Remembrance Sunday services and Easter and Harvest celebrations.
• We provide facilities for young and old alike; Centre-Stage Youth Theatre, Parent and Toddler Music and movement, Yoga for over 50’s; beginners meditation and more…
Friends of the Anglican Chaplaincy of Mallorca
We are launching a ‘Friends of the Anglican Chaplaincy for Mallorca’ to raise funds for the ongoing work of the Chaplaincy, so that we can continue to serve the English speaking community and others on this beautiful island. If you are able to pledge some money you will help maintain our buildings, provide chaplains, and ensure pastoral care, community events and worship for many years to come. In return, we offer updates on the Anglican ministry on the Island and at least one event to celebrate the work of the Church in this glorious place.
We are asking for a minimum annual pledge as follows:
Individual membership – €15 / £12
Family membership – €25 / £20
Corporate and small business donations please contact us for details
If you are a UK tax payer please complete a Gift Aid form as we can claim back tax at no extra cost to you.
For Corporate or Small Business affiliation please contact us for details of how we can work to promote your business too.
If you do not wish to join online please contact us for further details.
If you do not wish to become an official ‘Friend’ but still want to support the Chaplaincy by making a donation please contact us.